How To Add Email Accounts Print this Article
Add an Email Address
To add a new email address:
- Enter the email address that you wish to create in the Email text box.
- If you manage more than one domain, make sure to select the appropriate domain from the menu.
- Enter the password in the Password text box.
- Enter the password in the Password (again) text box.
- You can click the Password Generator link to generate a strong password.
- Enter the quota in the Mailbox Quota text box.
The quota defines how much hard drive space the account will be allowed to use.
- Click Create Account.
Email addresses that already exist are displayed in a table. The information displayed in this table allows you to perform the following actions:
- See how much disk space the account uses.
- Change a password.
- Change a quota limit.
- Delete an email address.
- Access an account through webmail.
- Configure a mail client.
Change the Password
A secure password contains no dictionary words and includes upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols.
To change the password, perform the following steps:
- Click Change Password next to the appropriate email account.
- Enter your new password in the Password text box.
- Confirm your new password in the Password (again) text box.
- You can click the Password Generator link to generate a strong password. For more information, read our Password Generator documentation.
- Click Change Password to store the new password.
- If you do not wish to change the password, click cancel.
Change the Quota Limit
The quota limit for an address defines the amount of mail (in Megabytes) that can be stored to its mailbox. When your mailbox exceeds this limit, any incoming mail will be returned to the sender with a message which states that the recipient’s mailbox is full.
It is important to keep track of quota usage, because a full quota will not allow you to receive mail.
To change a mail quota, perform the following steps:
- Click Change Quota.
- Enter the new email quota (in Megabytes) in the appropriate text box. For an unlimited account, click unlimited.
- Click Change Quota to store the new value.
- If you do not wish to change the quota, click cancel.
Delete an Email Address
To delete an email address, perform the following steps:
- Click the Delete link that corresponds to the account that you wish to remove.
- Click Delete to confirm that you wish to delete the email address.
- If you wish to keep the email address, click cancel.
Configure an Email Client
This feature automatically configures your email client to access your cPanel email address(es). An email client allows you to access your email account from an application on your computer. Outlook® Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple® Mail, etc. are examples of email clients.
To access this feature, click the More button that corresponds to the appropriate email account.
To configure your mail client, perform the following steps:
- Select and download the appropriate configuration file from the list.
- Run the script file to automatically configure a mail client for the selected address.
When completed properly, your email client should open automatically and log in to your email account(s).
Was this answer helpful?
Webmail allows you to access your email accounts through your web browser. When you check email...
This feature allows a copy of any email sent to one address to be forwarded to another address....
This feature can be configured to automatically send response messages. This can be useful when...
This feature allows you to set up a default address that receives any mail sent to an invalid...
cPanel lets you filter all email that is sent to all of your domain's email accounts. This...