How To Exclude Files From Backups Print this Article
You can exclude files and directories from your backups by creating an exclude file in your home directory.
To exclude files or directories, add the files or directories that you wish to skip to the
cpbackup-exclude.conf file inside the /home directory. To exclude specific files, follow these steps:
- If it does not already exist, create the file
cpbackup-exclude.confin your home directory or directories you wish to exclude.
This file can be created in any plain text editor and uploaded via FTP to your /home directory or you can also create this within the cPanel File Manager.
- Inside the file, type each item you wish to exclude from backups, one per line.
- If you enter a directory name, the backup system will exclude all files that are inside the directory.
- Directories should not include leading or trailing characters of any kind, like slashes or periods.
- Simple shell wildcard characters are allowed for matching control.
Was this answer helpful?
File Manager allows cPanel users to manage and edit their files. The File Manager Directory...
The Backups area provides a basic interface for downloading and storing all or some of the...
The Backup Wizard is a user-friendly interface you can use to create a backup of the entire site,...
The Web Disk application allows you to manage and manipulate files on your server in multiple...
This interface displays information about how you use your disk space. It can also help you...